Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Super Glam Suprise Party

I don't know where to start with this one...

A few weeks ago I turned the BIG 3-0.  I thought that I was just going to a fancy dinner with my husband, little did I know the production that was being put together behind my back.

My wonderful team at Events Inspired by Love conspired with all of my favorite vendors to throw me the most amazing birthday bash at a private estate in Huntington Harbor.  While all the set up was taking place I was being distracted hanging out with a great friend getting our hair and make-up done.  Then the phone call came in, kinda Charlie's Angels style, that it was time to head out.  My driver ;) informed me that I was to be blind folded and to wear head phones as soon as we hit the freeway.  So on we went and all was dark to me.

When the car stopped I felt the other doors open then close and then I was all alone.  Finally my door opened and I felt my husbands hand and he spoke into my ear to follow him.  The blind fold and head phones remained during my short walk to my destination.  I was placed into position and waited for the cue.




Here are a few of the details...





The gorgeous monotone florals were styled by Marci at Entwined Design.  The modern displays grouped the all white flowers by type. With over 250 white long stem roses, 70 stems of white dendrobium orchids, 40 white china mums and 30 white hydrangea the room was transformed into a glamorous setting.






 Brett Hickman is responsible for the absolutely beautiful images that you are seeing here in this blog post.  I have only worked with Brett a handful of times and all I have to say is WOW!  His attention to detail is impeccable.




 

 Did you see that beautiful dessert spread up there?  They were from the super talented baker Melody from Sweet and Saucy Shop and they tasted A-MAZ-ING.




My husband and I had a little impromptu photo shoot on the back deck and boat dock in the harbor.






Black Jack and Texas Holdem tables were provided by Poker Store.  The tables were full all night long.  There were even prizes for the top winners.





These are just a few group shots from the evening.
 
My husband and Step-daughter looking fancy!

Two great friends that were in on the surprise and didn't spill the beans.

Even a past bride and groom!

Me and my beautiful mom.

Two cool grandparents.

Two more great friends that spent tons of time helping with set up.  I am truly indebted to you.


Nightlife Entertainment provided the uplighting and DJ for the night.  Frank was great in keeping the guests on the dance floor and Devin even made an appearance and spun some beats.


My husband gave a beautiful speech that then lead into a spotlight dance with a special song.



I would like to thank everyone that was apart of this special day.  It was truly an amazing night and wonderful way to welcome in my 30's.

No comments:

Post a Comment