Friday, May 4, 2012

Insta-Friday 5/4/12

This week just flew by, as all the other weeks have.  I can't believe that it is already MAY!  Where has this year gone...

I am linking up with Jeannette from Life Rearranged for this weeks installment of insta-friday.  Won't you join me?


 I had a wedding at the Waterfront Hilton in Huntington Beach this past weekend.  I was a little worried about the weird weather we had been having but the weekend turned out beautiful.  Friday night was the on site wedding rehearsal.
The Waterfront Hilton has a gorgeous Wedding Events Meeting room.  Beautiful tablescapes are displayed to lend a little inspiration for future brides.  The display they had this day was orange and blue and they pulled it off wonderfully.

Here is a quick shot I got of HB on Saturday.  It was quite a busy day as the weather could not have been more perfect.


The ceremony set up was just up my alley.  I loved all that purple that was going on.  I can't wait to see how the professional shots turn out.






I could not help myself.  I had to post these photos again.  Just a few detail shots from throughout the day.  I shared them all on instagram but I wanted to put them here too.  Congratulations to Denise & Alfredo!  I hope you are enjoying yourselves in Australia.

As I said earlier, the weather has been wacky lately.  Last week was crazy gloomy then it brightened up for the weekend (I have my theory that it was for Denise & Alfredo's wedding) and then turned yucky again and has been all week.  I even caught a few sprinkles one morning.

Every other week or so we hit up Costco on Sundays.  Eating healthy requires fresh food and lots of it.  This past Sunday was our week to shop.  On Monday night we had gone through almost 24 whole wheat sandwich thins.  What the heck!  How is this possible?  I don't even eat bread, where did it all go?

 That little lesson will teach us that 24 pairs of sandwich thins is not enough for our family.  That also required a second trip to Costco for just that one item.  When you eat that many you must buy in bulk.  I picked up two more packages.  I hope this lasts us till our next trip.

I also made a quick stop at the fuel line.  Have you ever shopped at Costo for gas?  Well if you haven't the gas price is great but that line, sometimes it's just not worth it.  This day wasn't too bad.


After a long day on my feet Saturday I was in serious need of a little pampering.  Pedicures are the best cure for that.  For my color choice I went for neon pink.  I almost braved it for neon orange but when I saw that pink I was sold.  I am so ready for summer!

I am trying to keep up with the photo a day challenge this month.  This say I was to take a photo of something I wore.   I chose my wedding ring as it is my favorite thing to wear.

That's it for this week.  It's Cinco de Mayo weekend.  What do you have planned?

1 comment: