Friday, June 8, 2012

Insta-Friday 6/8/12

It's Friday AGAIN!  I can't believe it.  Taking a week off was just what I needed to re-energize myself and gear up for the rest of this year.

Just to update you, my hubby and I took off for a week in Pennsylvania.  Pennsylvania you ask?  12 years ago his father moved there and Jason had never visited him (they always made the trip to Cali).  It just so happens that this trip coincided with Fords at Carlisle (a huge national car show).  How convenient huh?  I opted to go and get a little vacay in with some sightseeing.

We landed in Pittsburgh about 12:30AM Wednesday night (or morning, which ever way you see it).  Then there was the 45 minute drive to a tiny town called Plum.





After some sleep we loaded up the car and head out to Harrisburg (about a 3 hour drive) to our hotel.  For more sleep.  Then it was an early morning up to Carlisle for FORDS at Carlisle.  Now I have to tell you, people in this town or where ever they came from are quite different...


A big part of why we attended the show was for this car...

 Jason is a sponsor for this vehicle.  The owners were so happy to see us and we brought along a little surprise for them.  Custom designed shirts that match the cars design.  The shirts were sold at the show for donations to the owners charity.

Around 3PM the weather stared to turn and we knew a storm was headed in.  We hightailed it out of the show and off to Hershey.  Our first stop was the museum, The Hershey Story.  We were taken back in time to the birth of Mr. Hershey himself and through the development of a little town that came to be known as Hershey, PA.

 The museum is newly built in 2010 and was absolutely beautiful.  There was so much to see and do.  I wish I could have stayed longer but we got there towards the end of the day and they were closing.  

Next we wanted to check out Chocolate World.
On the way in I got a glimpse of some Amish folks.  We never made it to Lancaster, PA to check out the Amish experience, but I hope to on another trip.

There was so much going on at Chocolate World we didn't know where to start.  Our first look was the 3D Experience show.  It was more geared for kids and I wish they would have told us that but it was still cute.

Then it was our turn to make our own chocolate bar.  I was so stoked to do this.  We have to get sanitized (i.e. hair nets, aprons and hand cleaner) go touch a few monitors and make our selections.  When I open mine I will show you all what I put inside.  Then we got to create our own label, mine was purple of course!


 Next up was the factory tour.  I loved this part and everything about this photo!
I think we chose a bad day to check out Chocolate World as there were thousands of teeny-boppers around.  I think there was a middle school choir competition that day.  The gift shop was so crowded but that didn't prevent us from making a tiny dent in there supply.

I think this post is getting a bit too long, I don't want to bore you to death, so I will just pick up tomorrow with part 2 of this insta-friday vacay edition. 

Don't forget I am linking up with Jeannette from Life Rearranged.  You can join in the fun too if you would like!



No comments:

Post a Comment